Spring cleaning time is almost upon us as much of the UK begins to thaw out from the rather unusual winter that we have just had. For many homeowners spring cleaning includes scrubbing, scouring and decluttering every area of the house.
Now, while your kitchen, bathrooms and others rooms in your house are important to keep clean and sanitised, there are two areas that many homeowners overlook when doing their spring cleaning. I am talking about the plumbing and heating systems, of course.
A Properly Maintained Home Plumbing And Heating System
Your home’s plumbing and heating systemsplay a very important role in the overall comfort and convenience that you and your family are used to. Keeping them properly maintained will ensure many years of operation and it can save you a lot of money by avoiding expensive repairs.
But how can you ‘spring clean’ your home’s plumbing and heating systems? While certain aspects of home plumbing and heating system maintenance should be left to a professional plumber, there are some things that you can do on your own. We are going to take a look at some simple spring cleaning tips that will help get your plumbing and heating systems ready for spring.
Simple Spring Cleaning Tips For Your Home’s Plumbing And Heating Systems
• During the late winter/early spring, you should check to ensure that your boiler is working properly. Make sure that the pressure gauge is set to the right pressure that the manufacturer recommends.
• Top up your boiler water if needed.
• Be sure to bleed your radiators to remove any trapped air which could lead to cold spots.
• Install an audible carbon monoxide alarm.
• Use insulating wrap to insulate hot water pipes andyour water tank. This will not only conserve heat, but it can save you a lot of money and prevent your pipes from bursting.
If you need major work to heating and plumbing systems, be sure to contact an experienced professional plumber who can help get your plumbing and heating systems ready for spring.
Contact PGS Services
To have a team of dedicated account managers and experienced trade experts assist you today, contact PGS Services today. PGS offers services covering a wide range of property maintenance trade skills. With a focus on quality workmanship and exceptional customer service, you will always find the right tradesman for your needs.
If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it on your favourite social media sites.