Our operation remains mostly unaffected by the virus situation and we remain committed to keeping our staff and tradespeople in work and safely serving our customers.
The government is currently advising as part of the new national lockdown, where people cannot work from home they should continue to travel to their workplace. Where it is necessary for you to work in other people’s homes - for example tradespeople - you can do so. This is essential to keeping the country operating and supporting sectors and employers.
Here at PGS we ask that customers and tradespeople follow the advice of the UK Government and Public Health England and specifically that customers and staff be aware of the following guidelines for working in homes:
- No handshakes on arrival
- We recommend customers and tradespeople maintain a safe distance from others throughout their time at your property
- When working in a household where somebody is clinically vulnerable, but has not been asked to shield (for example someone over 70) prior arrangements should be made to avoid any face-to-face contact, for example, when answering the door. Particularly strict attention should be paid to handwashing, coughing and sneezing hygiene, such as covering your nose and mouth and disposing of single-use tissues
- Our tradespeople have been instructed that they must follow self-isolation rules if they display any symptoms
- If a customer is self-isolating because one or more family members has symptoms or where an individual has been advised to shield, you should only book a job when there is a direct risk to the safety of your household. And you must inform PGS of your self-isolating in advance so we can endeavour to match your job to a suitable tradesperson.
- If customers start to feel unwell they can cancel at any time, there’s no charge. We ask customers also to be understanding if your tradesperson needs to cancel or postpone your appointment for the same reason.
If you have any particular concerns, special requirements, or if you are self isolating please let us know in advance. For advice and information call us on 0203 819 7050.